Saturday, June 14, 2008

Saturday 14th June

I've had some wonderful feedback from so many of you, a HUGE thank you for your continued support and encouragment, it has given me such a boost.

I've added Google Checkout to the site, the reason for this is that although PayPal is convenient for most people the fees for sellers like me with low turnover are frankly shocking, I don't want these fees to impact on the price of my work and google convert 10 times my spend on advertising with them into fee free transactions using their checkout facility, which is great. You can still pay by PayPal or cheque if you'd prefer but I just thought I'd explain why I've added it.

I've had a tough commission this week, the brief was 'White' what can I say, I was at a loss. I spent 4 or 5 nights convincing myself I couldn't do anything with it but finally sat down at the torch yesterday with a rod of white and a rod of clear, I was worried!!

After the first attempt my spirits lifted and suddenly I was full of ideas, I've posted a few pictures for you to have a peek. I love these beads so much I'm going to make myself a set, after all they'll go with anything, the great thing about commissions is that they push you to try something you'd either avoid or never even think of. I'll tell you about the 'Cerise' beads later, anyone who's familiar with lampworking will understand that 'Cerise' is a tricky gig too, watch this space.




No comments: